What a lovely sunny day today in my part of the world! Still cold, mind.....Nothing like a nice summer project to get me going when it's cold outside, so when I saw the (P)inspirational photo this time:
I knew I wanted to scrap some summer photo's! And here she is, our little girl, having an alfresco dinner in the garden. Unbelievable that this was less than a year ago, this weekend she started walking in earnest, stumbling her way around the living room! All the cliche's are true, they do grow up so fast..... I love it and hate it at the same time.
I took several elements from the inspirational photo, including the frame, butterflies and the word TODAY. I couldn't find any leaves in my stash, but I do have an absolute mountain of paper flowers that I want to use up and never do. Same with chipboard and butterflies, they really stump me on layouts! So I just started sticking around a circle I cut with my circle cutter (another one of those must-have tools that I rarely reach for somehow), using up flowers, brads and other assorted pieces I had to hand. I am pretty happy with the result, I tend to use rectangles of paper most often, so when I do something different it all feels so brandnew! I always say I should do this type of design more often, but then I never do....I guess I know my comfort zone!
We have two sponsors this time for the (P)inspirational Challenge: Imagine That Digistamps & The Cutting Cafe. Check out these links to see what beautiful things they have on offer!
* Come and Get It (Circles) 28/4
* Creative Sketchy Girls (Flowers and/or Butterflies) 15/5
* My Time to Craft (Sequins and/or Buttons) I did both 4/5
* Just Add Ink (Choose 2: Metallics, Balloons, Circles) I used Metallic letter stickers and created several circles on my LO
* Great Impressions (April Showers Bring May Flowers) I used a bunch of flowers on my LO and included the purple 1/5