Challenge Wins

My Crafty Friends

Thursday 12 January 2012

Christmas Stockings

Hi everyone,


The weekend is near, are you looking forward to it? I know I am! We'll be up to see my mum and dad this weekend, it's my mum who's turning 75 this time around! I hope the train ride is going to be smooth, I hate delays as it's such a long trip.


Anyway, I've got a Christmas card to show you today. Yes, I know, a bit early perhaps, but better to start now and have plenty of cards come December! Anyway, I love making Christmas cards, so it suits me fine :). For this card I've tried to use up some of the scraps I had lying around, I'm sure you all have plenty of little leftover that get dumped into the scrap pile too. It's actually worthwhile to have a little rummage in there once in a while, there's so much gorgeous stuff in my pile too good not to use. Besides, I need to make room for new stash, right? I actually went to a hobby store today for the first time in months, as to be honest with you I don't really need anything new. But they were having a sale on and I came away with a Basic Grey paper pad, some chipboard and a SMIRK decoupage pad for a grand total of 10 euros! Had I bought these items earlier on, I would have had to spend 18 euros more than I did! Now you can't really argue with a bargain like that, right? Anyway, here's the card:






I'm pretty happy with, not in the least because my scraps pile is a little less high now :) Although the bow I made really turned out lovely in my opinion, it's not often that those work out for me. Hope you all enjoy your upcoming weekend, I might be back tomorrow or it will be Monday. See you all then!


Materials:
* Champagne base card
* Studio Light Sarah Kay image & sentiment
* DPs from scrap box: Basic Grey Jovial, Echo Park For the Record, Marianne Design Old-Fashioned Christmas, all sides inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
* KARS X-mas Collection Ribbon
* Pearls, gem, peel offs and stocking from stash


Challenges:
* Sparkles Christmas (Christmas Stockings)
* Incy Wincy (Vintage)
* Gingersnap (Ribbon)
* For Fun (Anything Goes)
* ABC Christmas (Anything Christmas)
* Crazy Challenge (Lace and/or Pearls)
* My Mum's Craft Shop (Here Come the Girls)
* One Stitch at a Time (Lots of Embellishments)
* Creations by Gill M (3D Decoupage)
* Top Tip Tuesday (Anything Goes)

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Ciska. I really like the collage style and, you're correct, the bow is really very nice. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Ciska, they are just lovely! Brilliant bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job with the collage look. Mine never seem to turn out so pretty.

    Thanks for playing "Anything Goes" with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you Wednesday when our new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage look of this card. I am so jealous that you are already starting on Christmas cards! You are motivating me!
    Thanks for Sharing at For Fun Challenges!
    ~Liz (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet cards, thanks for playing with us at OSAAT. Looks like you will be ahead of the rest of us for Xmas.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what a sweet little image and the papers are wonderful. Love the layers too
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous card!

    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sparkles Christmas with our "Christmas Stockings" challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! Thanks for playing along on fOr Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card..Thankyou for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs and good luck..

    Caz. Incy Wincy Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice. Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute, Love the bright colours.
    Thanks for sharing it at OSAAT & CCH this week.
    ~darling Ho

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Great to see you joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

    Don't forget the challenges are Now fortnightly and you can enter 3 times each Challenge too! :0)

    Thanks also for playing along at ABC Christmas Challenge and Incy Wincy too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me again just popping back to say Great to see you at Incy Wincy this week too! hugs Samantha :0)

    Don't forget to check to see if your a winner and we have a new challenge starting today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, what a great way to use up those scraps. Thanks for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the vintage look of this card. Thanks for joining us at Gingers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice card - yellow needs to be used more often on Christmas cards, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards Ciska...Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge this month.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete